Saturday, June 14, 2014

A Picture is Worth 131311 Words

Three years.  Three years, three hundred thirty pages, one hundred thirty one thousand three hundred and eleven words.  Fifty seven missed meetings, seven dozen sleepless nights, one alienated husband, one bored dog, three confused sisters, twelve annoyed friends who are sick of hearing it, two rejected editors, forty three bookmarked research websites, fifty nine hours I didn't spend with my mother which I may regret later.  Then Giovanni Squatriti comes along and tells my entire story in one damn picture:

On a brighter note, the next time someone asks what my book is about, I can just show them this. 
And, by the way, Louis Vuitton, it's so cute you think anyone cares who made the trousers.   

Photo Credit: Francisco Lachowski by Giovanni Squatriti for Essential Homme

No comments:

Post a Comment